Improve Communication Improve Decision Making
Better Decisions come from better information. And, better Information comes from better communication. This Class will help you make better decisions by learning how to improve your communication to help you get better information.
Section 230 and the Role of Government in Our Lives
Section 230 and the Role of Government in our lives is intended to help us determine what is the proper role of Government in our lives by using the current Supreme Court cases as a basis for that discussion.
The goal of this class is to produce a “Best Practices” recommendation as to what the Government should do. There are three choices, 1) Do nothing, 2) eliminate Section 230 completely, or modify it in some way.
Last Updated Feb. 25, 2023.
This interactive class offers you the opportunity to understand an important issue and develop ideas what is the proper role of government.
Section 230 and the Role of Government in Our Lives
- “Beginners” Learning Objectives
- Understand the public interest implications of various uses and the role of the government in regulating markets and competition in the area.
- Understand the public trustee obligations imposed on broadcasters in the form of the fairness doctrine and limitations on indecency, violence, and children’s programming.
- Understand the economic, political, and technical conditions that gave rise to the Internet.
- Understand the basic provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 and its effect on local competition
- Understand the nature of the Internet and the policy arguments relating to how it should be regulated and by whom.
- Understand the policies underlying governmental telecommunications regulation and the methods employed.
- “Masters” Learning Objectives
- Understand the History and Future of TeleCommunication Technologies and Architecture.
- Understand the Natural Laws of TeleCommunication
- Understand the current Theories of TeleCommunication
- Be able to describe a possible TeleCommunication Law “Best Practice”
Question: What is the proper role of Government our lives?
Answer: Government should have very little role, other then to enforce transparency.
@lantis Collaborative Learning Participation Guidelines.
The goal of this class, and all other @lantis Classes, is to answer specific questions.
In this class, “Section 230 and the Role of Government in Our Lives,” the question we are trying to answer is: What is the Optimal Role of Government in Regulating the Internet?
This class works best if everyone takes what they know and what they learn in the class and share their ideas, thoughts, and creative suggestions with each other. This means practicing active listening and participating skills.
All Members of the Class are encouraged to add value to the class by providing new perspectives, insights, and guidance. The goal is to help the class focus on the “best practices” as we learn more.
As we learn new stuff, best practices should change. @lantis classes are designed to be continually updated with the latest knowledge so the Class can determine all the current best practices.
However, please remember you MUST BE A @LANTIS LEARNING NETWORK MEMBER TO ADD CONTENT TO THIS CLASS.
We wish for as much diverse content as possible, but the content has to be vetted, and that starts with the vetting of the creator of the content.
The author and date of creation are the two foundational pieces of “meta-data” that start the @lantis Educational Blockchain.
Remember that all your content and your name are protected by the use of “Avatars” and “Tokens.”
@lantis Class Structure:
@lantis classes are unlike traditional classes. @lantis classes are more like an “Open Source” Project. WordPress, Linux, LibreOffice, or GNU Image Manipulation Program are examples of Open Source Projects, but there are many more. Click here for more information on Open Source.. The goal of any @lantis class is to have the learners add learning back into the class. This learning is added to the @lantis Network Library in form of structured “Learning Packets (LPs).” The Class should represent the “Best Learning Packets (LPs)” to teach something. Those LPs should be dynamically updated as new information is processed. The new information would either confirm the LP is, in fact, the “Best” LP or suggest a change to the LP. If the information suggests a change, there should be a suggestion as to how the LP should change. At any given time there should be a list of suggested changes to the LPs. Those changes are discussed in the Class and voted on by the Class. Any Class member can vote yes or no. Supermajorities are required to make the changes. Non-members of the @lantis Learning Network (ALN) can take the class and learn from it, but have to be a member of the ALN to add or change a class LP. The reason for this is simple, the more we know about the source of the LP the better we can value the learning. Only ALN members can add Learning Packets to the ALN Library because only they have a “vetted” profile. A “vetted” profile is required to optimally value the LP. The ALN profile is an “Avatar” to others on the network. Every member’s personal information is completely separate from the information in the library.
Ways to Add Value to the Network
- Agreement/disagreement with the LP – Meta-Data
- Create New Learning – Create a “Base Learning Packet.”
- Create a “Fork Learning Packet” – Add additional Content or change existing content in a LP.
- Add, Change, Delete LP Meta-Data – Increase the “transparency” of
The goal of the @lantis Network is to help the Community thrive in our 21st Century Hyper-connected Digital world by helping each of us to learn how to thrive in our 21st Century Hyper-connected Digital world.