Improve Communication Improve Your Life
Learn the Communication and Information Processing Skills needed to thrive in our “Hyper-Connected Digital World.”
Improve Communication Improve Your Life – Course Description
Improve Communication Improve Your Life is an interactive class intended to help you achieve success by helping you learn the Communication and Information Processing Skills needed to thrive in our Hyper-Connected Digital World.
This interactive class helps you improve your life by improving a few simple communication and information-processing skills.
Updated August 2, 2023.
Improve Communication Improve Your Life – Learning Objectives
- “Beginners” Learning Objectives
- Improve Your Fundamental Communication Skills.
- Improve Perception so you can improve your information-gathering abilities.
- Improve your Reading and Writing so you can improve your Message Encoding and Decoding abilities.
- Improve Noise Reduction so you can better adjust for biases.
- Improve Feedback so you can improve your learning.
- Improve Your Fundamental Information Processing Skills.
- Improve your thinking process so you can improve your decision-making.
- Improve your use of Search Algorithms so you can improve the amount of useful information you can store and retrieve.
- Identify your own personal “high-value” communication skills.
- Identify your personal plan to continually improve your communication skills.
- Improve Your Fundamental Communication Skills.
- “Masters” Learning Objectives
- Understand the history and future of communication and information.
- Understand the “Natural Laws” of Communication and Information.
- Understand the current “Theories” of Communication and Information.
Question: How do we improve our lives?
Answer: An improved life comes from good decisions, good decisions come from good information, and good information comes from good communication.
@lantis Collaborative Learning Participation Guidelines.
The goal of this class, and all other @lantis Classes, is to answer specific questions.
In this class, “Improved Communication Improve Your Life,” we try to understand the question: How do we improve our lives?
. And the answer is: Improve our communication and information skills.
“This class works best if everyone takes what they already know and what they learn in the class and share their ideas, thoughts, and creative suggestions with each other. This means practicing active listening and participating skills.
All class members are encouraged to add value by providing new perspectives, insights, and guidance. The goal is to help the class focus on the “best practices” as we learn more.
As we learn new stuff, best practices should change. @lantis learning algorithms are built around the belief that classes should be continually updated with the latest knowledge. This ensures all recommendations for “best practices” use the best information available.
However, please remember you MUST BE AN @LANTIS LEARNING NETWORK MEMBER TO ADD CONTENT TO THIS CLASS. (Anyone can read the content, but you have to be vetted to add content.)
We wish for as much diverse content as possible, but the content has to be vetted, and that starts with “vetting” of the creator of the content. The more we know about the source of the content, the better we can value the content.
The author and date of creation are the two foundational pieces of “meta-data” that start the @lantis Educational Blockchain.
Remember that all your content and your name are protected by the use of “Avatars” and “Tokens.”
@lantis Class Structure:
@lantis classes are unlike traditional classes.
The goal of all @lantis classes is to have the learners add learning back into the class.
This learning is added to the @lantis Network Library as structured “Learning Packets (LPs).”
A Class represents the “Best Learning Packets (LPs)” to teach something.
Classes are dynamically updated as new LPs are created or existing LPs are updated.
New information fits into 1 of three groups:
- Confirm the LP is correct.
- Suggest a change to the LP.
- Offer a new LP.
If the information suggests a change, there should be a suggestion about how the LP should change.
At any given time, there should be a list of suggested changes to the LPs. Those changes are discussed and voted on. Any Class member can vote yes or no. Supermajorities are required to make the changes.
Non-members of the @lantis Learning Network (ALN) can take the class and learn from it, but you must be a member of the ALN to add or change a class LP. The reason for this is simple, the more we know about the source of the LP, the better we can value the learning.
Only ALN members can add Learning Packets to the ALN Library because they have a “vetted” profile. A “vetted” profile is required to optimally value the LP. Currently, @lantis uses Linkedin for vetting, but this will expand as the network grows, to also have vetting from each other in the Network.
The ALN profile is an “Avatar” to others on the network. Every member’s personal information is completely separate from the information in the library.
Ways to Add Value to the Network
- Agreement/disagreement with the LP – Meta-Data
- Create New Learning – Create a “Base Learning Packet.”
- Create a “Fork Learning Packet” – Add additional Content or change existing content in a LP.
- Add, Change, Delete LP Meta-Data – Increase the “transparency” of
Based on the parable “Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime,” the goal of @lantis Network Members is not simply to be “given” an answer. The goal is to “teach” how to get “an” answer.
The goal is to learn how to apply what we’ve learned in realistic situations in a competent, considered manner as a means of reaching reasonable and supportable conclusions and then teach others what we’ve learned so they can learn even more.
Then, we can teach the new stuff we’ve learned back into the Network.
Once the Network reaches “critical mass,” the learning should be exponential.
The goal of the @lantis Network is to help the Community thrive by helping each of us individually thrive.
“A rising tide lifts all boats.”